Q: What is Failure Free Reading?
A: Failure Free Reading (FFR) is a highly structured, non-phonic language-based reading approach specifically designed to give students the opportunity to immediately experience what it feels like to read fluently with full expression and comprehension from age appropriate materials regardless of their prior ability or current classification. What sets FFR apart is the speed at which it works and the levels of academic attainment students achieve. FFR is able to demonstrate immediate impact from the very first lesson on!
Q: Whom do you serve?
A: FFR is a K-Adult approach that effectively serves:
- Special Education
- Autistic Learners
- Mild to moderate mentally impaired Learners
- Down Syndrome Learners
- Phonetically Deaf Learners(students who have had trouble with phonics based reading programs)
- Dyslexic Learners
- English Language Learners
- Deaf/Hearing Impaired Learners
- Students preparing for SATS who need to boost and expand their vocabulary and comprehension skills
- Home school students
- Teenagers or Older Learners who are struggling to read (FFR is age appropriate with no dancing bears and bunny rabbits even at 1st grade reading levels)
- Anyone wanting to accelerate their current vocabulary and overall reading abilities!
Q: What makes FFR different?
A: FFR is based on the notion that reading is gaining meaning from the printed page. FFR believes reading for meaning is a process that precedes skills. Too many students are “stuck at skills” (phonics) with the mistaken belief that they can’t read for meaning. FFR believes this is a mistake. Many students must first experience the full reading process – what it “feels like” to read - before they understand the importance of skills. FFR provides these users with high success reading opportunities by setting up the instructional conditions that will allow these students to succeed.
Q: How does FFR work?
A: By reducing reading text to its simplest form. FFR believes this process comes first and can be done by controlling for the three key instructional elements crucial to reading success:
- repeated exposure to text
- predictable sentence structures
- story concepts that require no prior knowledge (no uncommon names, dates, places, and phrases)
Q: Why Vocabulary?
A: Vocabulary development is one of the cornerstones of Failure Free Reading. Language is the invisible ceiling that prevents many students from learning to read. Students cannot read for meaning from passages that are above their current vocabulary level. Researchers have identified three bodies of words that students must master for academic success: most common, Tier II and, rare. Failure Free Reading’s diagnostic/prescriptive assessment identifies the student’s current vocabulary level and places him/her into the appropriate Failure Free Reading online solution.
Q: Why don’t you incorporate phonics?
A: Some students just won’t initially learn to read with phonics. Many can’t hear the sounds, analyze or synthesize the rules. They don’t understand rhyme and/or medial vowels, diphthong or blends. I like to call these students “phonetically deaf." Fortunately, they don’t need to know phonics to learn how to read. Even better, they already carry the compensatory strengths to have productive and successful reading experiences. Others are visual learners who have the capacity to develop a large sight vocabulary. Bottom line: we provide a research-proven alternative path to reading success for the students who aren’t successfully learning with an existing intervention, which in most cases is phonemic awareness and/or phonics-based.
Q: Are you exclusively sight?
A: No. The opposite of phonics is not sight. FFR controls for many more variables than just memorizing isolated words on flashcards. Context is key. Failure Free Reading teaches these critical words in the most meaningful and predictable context.
Start your child at their current reading level (as low 0.0) and begin their path to reading success!
Receive the entire FFR Home Edition Online Subcription complete with Online Diagnostic to make sure they are placed at their current reading level. Log in any time from any of your mobile devices for your child's personal online reading program.
The FFR Home Edition Online Monthly Subscription, powered by the Failure Free Reading Methodology, is an online reading program that has been trusted by educators for over 30 years to instantly accelerate their students vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, self esteem, and overall reading success!
- Lessons are designed to be Fast and Easy-taking typically only 30 minutes each. (Learn at your own speed take as many lessons as you want, the entire program is available with the online subscription K-SAT prep)
- Kids Playtime Friendly---your child can log in from any of your mobile devices at their (and your) convenience.
- Teaches Vocabulary.
- Teaches Fluency.
- Teaches Comprehension.
- $39.95 charged monthly for unlimited access, cancel at any time